Thursday, June 30, 2011

July 1, 2011

So today was the 60 day mark- and I have to say that I am happy with my results.  I do wish the scale would reflect some lower numbers, but I am lifting heavy too, so ultimately what is most important to me is the inches and the way I feel. 

May 1st 
Weigh in: 183.2 pounds

Bust: 40 inches
Stomach: 37 inches
Hips: 43 inches
Jean size: 10/12


June 1st
Weigh In: 180.5 lbs
Bust: 39 inches
Stomach: 36.5 inches
Hips:41 inches
Jean size: 10/12


July 1st
Weigh In: 176.8 lbs
Bust: 38.5 inches (Thank God the girls aren't going away too easily!)
Stomach: 33 inches
Hips: 41 inches (I think it's just all my muscle building in my glutes :) )
Jean Size: 10

Total Lost in 60 Days:
Weight: 6.4 lbs
Bust: 1.5 inches
Stomach: 4 inches
Hips: 2 inches

So this morning when I saw how much my stomach dropped, instantly I was happy- Then I was REALLY happy when I realized that a hard month of doing good results in one really really really bad, but oh so stinkin’ glorious cheat meal…. And my mouth was salivating!  I didn’t know what I wanted, but I could promise you it was NOT going to be grilled chicken, boiled shrimp, lean turkey, tuna fish made with 1 tbsp of fat free mayo, ¼ cup of brown rice, or salad… In fact, I didn’t even wanna see anything green in my cheat meal unless it was covered in cheese.  So a greasy cheeseburger was the winner- and I wanted bacon and fries… Problem- I missed the turn to Five Guys… I took it as a sign from God that I was supposed to end up at the Chinese Buffet because I DIDN’T miss that turn. 

I walked in, let’s not lie… I RAN in like a starving Ethiopian at an all you can eat white rice giveaway - grabbed a plate, and headed straight to the Lo Mein… It was seriously like a magnetic pull- Ashley and Noodles were about to be reunited like Sonny and Cher (pre-death obviously)… I loaded up that plate with General Tso’s Chicken, Bourbon Chicken, Honey Chicken, Black Pepper Chicken, 1 Fried Dumpling, one scoop of broccoli… wait!!!  I wasn’t supposed to have any veggies, unless they were covered in cheese right?!  HaHa, don’t you worry, I didn’t forget…I chose to pick my 1 scoop from the CHEESIEST section of the broccoli J And then, placed on top of my plateful of “fat assness” was one deliciously golden, perfectly crisp, amazing egg roll-in all of its fried gloriousness.  Ahhh heart attack heaven!  I will spare you the embarrassing details of my actual food consumption as I am sure all table manners ceased to exist, but let me tell you- for those few minutes, until my GI Tract said “what the hell are you doing?!” I was in a peaceful heaven where weight didn’t matter, working out was only for fun, and being larger just meant there was more to hug.

Good news, after one plate I was so beyond disgustingly full, I couldn’t imagine putting anything in my mouth other then my finger.  At least my minus 4 inches stomach was putting a stop to my outrageous behavior before those little Asians got scared and I was hauled away in a white straight jacket talking to my egg roll.  Thankfully, I had to work that night and was able to get to bed quickly because I thought I was dying a slow and painful death.  Never again… Well at least never again this month!  Ironically, this was my “Learn Chinese” fortune cookie…

Now, if that doesn’t scream “Feeling Guilty yet fat ass?!?!  Mooooooooo” I don’t know what does.  J

All jokes aside, I really do feel like it is super important to reward yourself after being crazy strict for a month.  Let’s face it, I didn’t get to 200 pounds because carrots were my favorite meal- I got there because cheat meals were just a way of life!  I always joke that my mom craves veggies, and I crave KFC.  Its just a different mentality-probably one that will never go away so I just learn to deal with it by rewarding myself for good behavior. 

My plan is to stick with the same eating plan as last month because clearly it worked, but I would like to add some more running-well I don’t want to really but I do think it would help.  I did 30 minutes on the stair master-AKA Death Trap- today and as I was panting, gasping for air, and making up new curse words, I figured I should start doing that torture device at least twice a week.  And I think I may even start swimming-eek, bathing suit-twice a week in the early mornings when no one is awake enough to see me J That’s gonna be a mental battle though, so I can’t lie, it may not happen… I’d like to be closer to the 170 mark then I am now, but without sacrificing muscle building.  I am finally starting to see definition in my arms and back and I want to build up on that rather then just worry about losing pounds.  Keep your fingers crossed!  I am heading into the last two months of summer, and I really wanna be a pinch shy of my goals by the time my fall semester starts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment