Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Favorite Workouts-Legs & Butt

Taking discreet pictures is not easy, so Thank You Lydia!  Here are a few of my favorite workouts- adding new pictures each day a new muscle group is touched!

Calf Raises-

I do these in between squat sets, and I go heavy since there is a small range of motion- Here I was doing 150 lbs.  My favorite way is to go quick on the up motion, and slow on the downward motion.



Squats-

Again, with some build up, you should be able to go a little heavier with these squats.  I was doing 100-150lbs here also.  3 sets of how ever many reps I can get!  Biggest thing with these is to make sure it is a "natural" feeling.  Should feel like you are sitting back into a chair- anything different will put strain on your back.




Squats on the Bosu Ball-

These are HARD!  I LOVE EM!!!  My thighs shake the entire time, and it's glorious!  Total Butt Blaster!  I have to go a little lighter, but I do drop back lower then with the heavier weighted ones, push up with the back of your legs and you will feel this in your tush tomorrow!





Dead Lifts-

Awesome for your hamstrings and glutes.  I did hurt my back a few months ago, and it has taken me some time to get the weight back to where it was.  I am still a little shy of how heavy I used to go so I try to do more reps instead.  One day I will get there!



Consider yourself lucky!  A butt shot?!  Are you kidding me?  Go big or go home though and this is where the majority of the work is focused!!!

Inclined Leg Press-

Probably my favorite of them all!  I used to get crazy heavy, but now I focus more on a heavy weight that I can also go knees to chest on.  (This is also the machine that you can do calf presses on)




Hamstring Curl-
Totally gets your hanstrings and glutes- AMAZING machine!  Start with your leg down, and pull all the way up behind you for a full range of motion.




Reverse Squat Butt Blaster-
Totally misusing a machine, but I love love love this one for my tush!  Instead of resting against the padding, face it, squat back pushing your butt all the way out, and then come back up by driving through your hamstrings and glutes.  Just look at my butt and legs in the pictures, not my belly fat please!!!  




These are just a few of my favorite-not all that I do.  If you all have ideas/suggestions let me know!  I am always looking into changing up and adding new things!  

No comments:

Post a Comment